How to get salon license in Dubai
The beauty business is estimated to be worth $43.4 billion in 2022. Dubai is amongst the pioneers when it comes to adopting new hair & beauty treatments that are introduced globally making it a great place to start a Salon business.If you are interested in starting a beauty salon, you must obtain a UAE salon license. Opening a beauty salon in Dubai is likely to be a pragmatic move for entrepreneurs wishing to tap into this fast-growing industry and there are some important points to consider first before starting out. Also read: Step by step process to get a restaurant license in Dubai
Types of Salon Licenses in the UAEThere are three types of salon licenses:
- Men’s salon license
- Women’s salon license
- Children’s salon license
Documents for license approval
- Passport and visa copies of all partners in the business.
- Proposed name of the salon (which is subject to free zone or DED approval).
Select a locationAfter the free zone or DED grants initial approval, the business owners must secure an appropriate location for the salon. The location has to get approval by the Planning Department of Dubai Municipality. It has to meet the infrastructural standards specified by the Public Health & Safety Department.
Layout requirementsThe salon space must have sound construction.
- The ceiling should be at least 2.3 metres high
- 1 metre distance between multiple hairdressings and makeup chairs
- 0.5 metre distance between the manicure/pedicure chairs.
- There must be a 0.5 metre distance between the chairs and walls.
- The minimum area required for a two-chair salon is 3 metres by 4 metres.
- Whether it’s hair removal, facials or body treatments, each area should be at least 6 square metres with fitted walls with a washbasin located within or close to the facial room.
- Any service that results in the emission of harmful vapours, must be carried out in a well-ventilated room for the safety of both staff and clients.
- It is also mandatory for salon owners to provide adequate ventilation, exhaust fans, and lighting throughout the premises.
- Beauty salon must have a water heater.
- The materials used for the interior walls, the roof of the salon must be fire-proof.
- Salon owners must maintain a signboard at all times.
- Furniture used should be comfortable, free of cracks and rust and made of materials that can be cleaned and disinfected.